Sunday, July 8, 2007

C.S. Brunt, Charles Shackleton Wholesale Antique Container Issues.

Regarding Charles Shackleton, William Darling and the Antiques Supermarket shipping a container. On the Antiques Supermarket website it is stated that a full door to door shipping quote will be provided before the container is packed. Based on these statements I was surprised to hear that not only was my container packed but it was on the water. No shipping quotes were provided.

The instructions I gave were to contact my regular shipper (whose rate was over $1000 U.S. less than the C.S. Brunt rate). My shippers were not contacted. The instructions were my container was to be shipped all water to Vancouver, I received an invoice from C.S. Brunt stating the container was being sent to Montreal and then being trucked across Canada! This directly contradicted my specific instructions. Needless to say there were a few heated conversations over the phone.

C.S. Brunt was demanding payment, our invoice from Antiques Supermarket also listed the same fee for shipping. They both asked for payment for the shipping, they both said I had to pay them or they wouldn't give me my documentation! They were trying to double bill me for the same service. After a few exchanges I was assured that the container was rerouted all water, on top of that Charles sent me an updated invoice saying not only did he reroute the container he even saved me money on shipping!! Needless to say even though I was assured by Geoff at C.S. Brunt, William Darling and Andrew Stapleton of Antiques Supermarket that my container was coming all water now.... it was a complete lie. About 2 days later my customs people called me and told me my can was in Montreal and I needed the paperwork for it to be released. Strangely I was unable to get in touch with Charles for almost a week to discuss these problems with him,even though he carries 3 cell phones. Whomever I spoke to at Antiques Supermarket (when I could actually get through) either claimed they didn't know where he was or he was in France. Messages were left repeatedly by me and my assistant. Charles was paid in full and I had paid the shippers the updated shipping amount that Charles had given me, they basically extorted the money out of me. Even though I had an invoice with a new rate they would not give my my Bill of Lading or any of the relevant paperwork, packing lists and such unless I paid the full original invoice.

What it came down to was C.S. Brunt stated they did not have to communicate with me nor did they want to since Charles was the one giving the instructions they were only going to go through him. It wasn't a threat but our position was you invoiced us and are demanding payment from us. We are the customer not Charles Shackleton, deal with us directly or we will have to involve the authorities. One strange item is that Sue and Geoff at C.S. Brunt both claimed they had been shipping with Charles for years yet they claimed they had never heard of William Darling? The whole process was so deceptive and frustrating, the whole time I was being fed a line of B.S.


1 comment:

sokolov said...

i have many friends in the uk and i have been informed that charles has others doing his dirty work for him i have a list of names and addresses of the real scammers of antiques supermarket just post a comment if you want to no more i have also found out by a partner of mine who,s wife got abused i have just heard that becuse of that disrespect charles has had his house burnt down .
they told him to stop dealing but did he listen no.
they also took items to the value of there losses .good on them
swainbank is no longer safe and i hope this email will stop his buisness
our good frend mr harry stryer who made this websit finaly got his revenge
we thank you harry stryer